Designed by

David Boyedoe & Nana Kwadwo Duah

Production Location


Year launched




Founded in 2020 by David Kusi Boye-Doe, Boyedoe is an emerging Ghanaian brand deeply rooted in ideas of deconstruction, reconstruction, and sustainability. Inspired by the mythical Ghanaian Sankofa bird, Boyedoe set out to be a socially responsible and environmentally conscious brand that uses fashion as a conduit to envision an Africa that the brand describes as one of “boldness, bravery and beauty underscored by its culture, folklore, colors, textures and eclectic patterns.” Straddling the line between art and fashion, and masculinity and femininity, the brand’s distinctive designs are both glamorous and decidedly wearable.

“I love the female form and see my work as a way to enhance the body without restricting it,” Boyedoe told Verso Africa. “I design for real people. I think of our clients all the time. There is no virtue whatsoever in creating clothing or accessories that are not practical.

Drawing inspiration from the brand’s African roots as well as global aesthetics, Boyedoe’s aesthetic is an eclectic blend of tradition, confidence, and speculative fashion. An amalgamation of breezy cuts and effervescent colors, denim has been a signature of the brand since its establishment due to its versatility, durability and timelessness. Considering the vast waste and pollution that comes with the production of denim clothing, Boyedoe sources discarded or unsold stock and through the process of upcycling transforms it into wearable art. About 80 percent of their materials are recycled while the remaining 20 percent are sourced from local ethical and sustainable manufacturers. As a made-to-order producer, the brand also strives to minimize waste through creating only small batch collections.

Since graduating in 2019 from the Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design as ‘Most Outstanding Student’ and ‘Most Creative Student’, designer Boye-Doe has gone on to participate in several competitions including. He emerged a winner of the Merck Fashion Award Ghana in 2019, and was named first runner up in both the 2019 Vlisco Fashion Fund Ghana and the 2020 Accra Mall Future Fashion Fund. The Boyedoe brand was also honored as one of thirty finalists for the inaugural edition of ARISE 30 Under 30 New Stars 2020 held in Lagos, Nigeria.


  • ARISE Fashion Week's 30 Under 30 New Stars, Finalist, 2020
  • VLISCO Fashion Fund Ghana, Finalist, 2019
  • JACCD Design Institute Africa, Most Creative Student, 2019
  • JACCD Design Institute Africa, Most Outstanding Student, 2019